Held over two days during the Easter long weekend, Live Large is a unique festival with music, food, entertainment and the arts.
It's a free, unique and truly accessible event, inspiring new thinking about what it means to live large and how this one idea brings us all together.
When & Where?
A packed program of hand-picked entertainment including live music, roving performers and delicious food vendors.
Entertainment: Rudely Interrupted (MEL) | Tony Dee | William Barton | Tim McCallum | Three Handed Beat Bandits | Bust a Move Dance Group | InsideOut Theatre Company | Def Will | Screech Theatre
Food: The Bun Mobile Voted Best Food Truck 2014, 2015, 2016. Selling hand crafted steamed buns. | Carolina Kitchen Old-school American soul food | Ze Pickle Burger Van featuring wagyu beef patties and maple smoked bacon | J'Adore Les Crepes Artisian French crepes | How We Rolls Gourmet rolls | Sweet Floz Churros Fresh cooked Spanish doughnuts
Other things to check out: Funky market stalls | Kid's areas | Creative workshops
AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
At Live Large, we believe everyone should be able to enjoy their community and we are passionate about making that happen. Our festival is a fully accessible and inclusive event designed for people of all ages and all abilities.
Accessibility at this event means more than just a modified bathroom and ramp. We designed it to be accessible from the ground up, putting accessibility and inclusion at the forefront of each and every decision. This means that you can come along, feel safe and enjoy yourself, knowing that this festival has been designed with you and your needs in mind.
- Wide pathways
- Varied seating and assistance with serving heights
- Ramps & hand rails
- Seating and rest areas near to food and drink services
- Large accessible drop off area in Russell St, adjacent to the ABC building
- Close to public transport options (trains and buses) with volunteers guiding patrons to the event
- A space where patrons and their support workers can prepare meals (blenders, microwaves, sink etc provided) and complete personal care needs
- Skilled volunteers available to conduct guided tours throughout the event
- AUSLAN interpreters to provide translation for all entertainment acts on stage
- Braille site map
- Large signage using contrast to assist with visual comprehension
- Comfort and care facilities for assistance animals including a dedicated space to relax and refuel with water available
- Facilities throughout the rest area to pick up after any assistance animals
- Charging stations throughout the event to recharge mobility and/or assistive tech devices
- Accessible dining options from several food vendors
- Communication boards and books also available
- Charging stations on site for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and assistive tech devices
- Hoist and table in a large accessible toilet (unlike any other accessible toilets at events)
A chill out zone if the event become too much for sensory processing.
Hey, we'd love you to keep in touch!