PDF is our preferred file format. However, we can accept the following formats:
- Business cards: 90mm x 54mm
- A6: 148mm x 105mm
- A5: 148mm x 210mm
- A4: 210mm x 297mm
- A3: 297mm x 420mm
- A2: 420mm x 594mm
- 2mm bleed; 5mm on folders.
- 100% scale.
- 1-up on a single page.
- Convert your text to paths, curves or outlines or embed in PDF.
- Please ensure all images are a minimum 300dpi.
- Nominate all colours as CMYK.
- We require that all fonts be converted to curves or outlines.
Important things to remember
- The best way to produce a PDF is by printing to a postscript file and then processing the postscript file through Acrobat Distiller.
- When creating PDF files from Indesign, fonts can be unstable when embedding using the Indesign PDF settings. Use Acrobat Distiller.
- Please check and confirm all images you are using are CMYK and hi resolution. Images need to be not less than 300dpi and 1200dpi for bitmaps.
- Do not save with any colour profiles.
- Ensure you flatten all transparencies and layers to avoid problems when going to print.
- Check for the need of a rich black in large black areas. We suggest 40C 40M 40Y 100k. Be careful that registration colour has not been used in your document.
- Files where the image or background tint touches the trim require a bleed.
- 2mm minimum bleed is required beyond the trim size of your artwork, 5mm for bookwork.
- Any text or important information should be kept 3mm inside the trim size.
Matt Etch Varnish – File Setup
Please supply an extra page on Matt Etch Varnish files.
The last page should be a black and white PDF showing where the Matt Etch Varnish will go. The 100% black will show where the file is matt and the white will show where the gloss is.
100% Black = Matt
White = Gloss