About Camp Have a Chat
CPL’s Camp Have a Chat supports children with communication difficulties to learn to speak using communication devices and technologies. Each session incorporates fun activities like visual arts, drama performances, music and more.
Campers will make new friends and learn new communication skills, all in a fun, supportive environment.
Who's it for?
Camp Have A Chat is for children aged 6 to 18 years who are using a communication system, including speech generating devices, tablets with communication apps and books. Children must attend with at least one parent/carer.
We welcome beginners who are learning the basics of their new communication system, as well as experienced users who are more than happy to share their skills and experiences.
What happens at Camp?
- Lots of fun activities designed to develop communication, social skills and confidence.
- Families can access support from experienced speech pathologists and occupational therapists.
- Inspirational mentors share their life experiences and stories.
- Campers make lifelong friends who share some of their unique experiences.
What communication systems are used?
Campers use a range of communication devices including:
- Speech generating devices like DynaVox, Tobii or PRC unity based systems.
- iPads with communication apps like Proloquo2go, Predictable or Compass.
- Communication books like PODDS
For more information, call 1800 275 753 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in interested in volunteering at Camp Have A Chat? Are you currently a student of, or hold qualifications in Speech Pathology? Please contact us about volunteering opportunities!