As you know, just over a fortnight ago CPL made the decision to temporarily suspend Support in the Community services due to the potential COVID-19 outbreak on the southside of Brisbane.
Given the small number of cases associated with this outbreak, we are now able to reopen our services from tomorrow, Tuesday 18 August.
From tomorrow the following centres will reopen and start delivering face-to-face programs again:
- Yeronga (Access Arts)
Your Service Facilitator will be in contact with you, if they haven’t already, to confirm your attendance this week.
As Queensland remains on high alert, our previous COVIDSafe plan remains in place. Earlier this year, CPL developed a plan to carefully resume our centre-based group activities and programs. With the recommencement of these services from tomorrow, we will continue our previous health and safety measures for these activities, which include:
- Each site has undergone a deep sanitisation clean by specialist cleaners
- All employees and clients to maintain social distancing where possible
- All program numbers will be limited in line with the 4sqm guidelines in Queensland
- All visitors, employees and clients will be required to complete a Health Declaration Form
- Everyone entering the site will have a temperature check prior to entry. People with temperatures over 38 degrees Celsius will be supported to return home
- Most shared items, such as cutlery and crockery will be limited – and in some instances – removed.
As always, the measures we have put in place aim to ensure the health and safety of our clients and our employees. CPL is continuing our daily monitoring of the situation in Queensland and revisiting our current measures to ensure they are effective and in line with Government directives.
While we don’t know what the coming weeks and months are going to bring, we do know how important social connection and community programs are for you, so we will continue to work alongside you to deliver these programs however possible.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your local Service Manager or send me an email.
General Manager, Services
CPL – Choice, Passion, Life