What is early invention?
Early childhood intervention services help children to increase their skills and actively take part in everyday activities. Through therapy, we will help your child to learn self-care skills, play skills, and fine and gross motor skills, so they can reach their full potential. Early childhood intervention services can reduce the amount of supports needed later in life while assisting families with learning how to best support their child and manage expectations.
Early intervention therapy in everyday activities
We integrate these therapies into everyday activities and routines from an early age because this is the best time to maximise results. By introducing and working on skill development exercises in early childhood, children and families may reduce the amount of supports they need later on in life. We work with families to give them the tools and knowledge to learn how to better support their child to achieve their goals.
We can work with children to achieve developmental milestones in:
Gross motor skills
This includes balance and standing, walking, jumping or riding a bike
Communication and language
This includes talking, understanding and using aids for communication
Fine motor and cognitive skills
This can vary from dressing and fastening buttons, drawing and cutting to eating and using the toilet
Social and emotional development
This includes building relationships with other children and developing play skills
Resources and support for your family
When it comes to early intervention, we provide care, communication and assistance for families including:
- Information such as educational resources, support and parent education programs
- An individual early intervention therapy program
- Access to group therapy programs targeted to enhance early developmental skills
- Assistance to access and participate in childcare, kindy, prep, play groups and other child and family services and the broader community
- Prescription and assessment of equipment
- Support to transition to the next educational setting including school