*Update 31 July 2021*
The Queensland Government has announced a snap three-day lockdown, from 4:00PM Saturday 31 July in the Local Government Areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Logan, Redlands, Gold Coast, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, and Somerset.
People living in these areas can only leave home for the following reasons:
- To attend essential work, school, or child care.
- To obtain essential goods (for example, groceries and medications) - within 10km of home.
- To exercise - within 10km of your home.
- To receive healthcare. This includes to care for somebody who needs assistance, to get your COVID-19 vaccination and/or to get a COVID-19 test.
CPL service changes
- Supported Independent Living
- From Saturday 31 July, the Queensland Government restricted visitors to disability accommodation in the geographical areas mentioned above. Personal visitors are not allowed to enter a disability accommodation service.
- Support in the Community
- All CPL Support in the Community centres will close during the lockdown period.
- If you had SIC supports booked in between 2-3 August and would like to move to one-on-one Support at Home, please contact us.
- All face-to-face SLES Supports will close during the lockdown period. Where appropriate, SLES supports will be delivered online. Your SLES Coordinator will be in touch with you to discuss alternative supports.
- Community Access Support (CAS)
- Community access support services will continue this week, but only for essential outings - within 10km of a client's home.
- Support at home
- Support-at-home services will continue as normal.
- Allied Health
- All Allied Health services will transition to telehealth appointments from today. If you have an Allied Health service booked and would like to change or cancel it, please contact your local service to do so.
- Access Arts
- Access Arts workshops will not proceed on Monday 2 August or Tuesday 3 August. Zoom sessions will not be available on these days, however, we will let you know if this becomes an option after this period.
- No supported employees should attend work. If you require assistance with anything during lockdown, please call Mylestones Printing on Monday.
- Mylestones Solutions work crews will not operate on Monday or Tuesday. If you are unsure or need supports, please call your supervisor on Monday.
- Mylestones Employment offices will be closed in the affected areas. If you had an appointment, staff will be in touch.
In the Local Government Areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Noosa, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Logan, Redlands, Gold Coast, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, and Somerset, masks will continue to be mandatory at all times whenever you leave your home.
New South Wales
You must wear a face mask at indoor non-residential premises and while using public transport, hire vehicles, taxis and rideshare services in NSW.
New South Wales border closure
From 1am, Friday 23 July, all of New South Wales will be considered a COVID hotspot, meaning persons travelling from or through New South Wales will be restricted from entering Queensland and/or subject to quarantine.
A border zone has been established north of Clarence Valley local government area to allow NSW residents to cross the border for permitted purposes including work, education, healthcare, essential shopping, and caring for vulnerable people. If you live in the border zone, please familiarise yourself with your personal responsibilities regarding travel passes and declarations.
Known locations & personal health
As more cases are announced, Queensland Health is continually updating the list of visited locations by confirmed cases. Please regularly check this page as updates are happening every day. If you have visited one of these locations, we recommend speaking to 13 HEALTH for directions. And as always, if you are sick please get tested and let us know.
My COVID-19 Plan
The Queenslanders with Disability Network, in association with the Australian and Queensland Governments, and University of Sydney, have released My COVID-19 Plan to help you think about and write down what you would need and want if you were directly impacted by COVID-19.