What is the Walkways Mobility Program?
CPL's Walkways Mobility Program (WMP) is a clinic for the assessment, trial and prescription of mobility aids for children such as the Hart Walker.
What's a Hart Walker?
It's a customised, orthotic walking frame that allows children with complex physical support needs to learn to stand and walk hands-free. It is designed to grow with each child's size and development.
Who's it for?
Children from 2 years old who are:
- Able to stand with support (in equipment such as a standing frame or supported by parents/therapists)
- Demonstrating the ability to take a step while standing and supported
- Motivated to step or walk
What's the process?
- Visit CPL for an Assessment: Our experienced physiotherapists will conduct a full assessment to determine the most appropriate mobility options.
- Trial Walkers
- Funding Application: We will provide the support to apply for funding of the recommended mobility aid.
- Walker Fitting
- Follow Up: Regular clinics are run for maintenance and adjustments of walkers as required.