Student Work Experience and Employment Training Program
Student Work Experience and Employment Training (SWEET) is a short program that aims to equip young people (aged 15-24) with the practical skills they need to successfully find work. You get a customised job plan and tailored pre-employment training – this means all the training is matched to your needs and the areas you want to grow.
What you'll learn
Practice interviews, resume preparation and professional communication – these are some of the topics that we’ll cover to help you get ready for work and boost your confidence. Once you find a job, we’re here to provide on the job support when you need it.
Learn how to:
- Set goals
- Write a resume
- Perform better in interviews
- Work as part of a team
- Understand Workplace Health and Safety
- Register for job search sites
- Improve communication and presentation skills
Transitioning students from university to the workplace
CPL’s Mylestones Employment has partnered with the University Specialist Employment Partnerships (USEP) program to support the transition for students with disability from university into the workplace. The service is available for students with disability who have graduated within the last 12 months or who are in the last 60 credit points of their degree.
What the USEP program can do
This program can help you:
- Connect you with an experienced specialist employment consultant
- Set goals
- Understand your options after university
- Find sustainable graduate employment
- Access referrals to suitable university services and programs
- Get job ready - write a resume, build your interview skills, improve your communication skills
After graduating with a Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice degree, Joanne was searching for a job for over two years, until she reached out to Mylestones Employment and USEP.
She now works with Maurice Blackburn lawyers and has never been happier.