What's on at CPL's Hope Island service?
CPL's Hope Island service is the perfect setting for creative spirits! People with a disability will find a place to connect to their community and explore their artistic side with Hope Island's purpose-built media room and movie-magic studio - in a convenient Gold Coast location.
Disability services available at Hope Island
Individual and group supports are offered to give people with disability more access to the local Gold Coast community. Activities and outings our clients enjoy include:
- Attending sporting matches
- Restaurants and dining
- Using public transport
- Theme parks and attractions
CPL's Hope Island service has a state of the art creative program, as well as offering capacity building opportunities for clients who want to learn new skills. Activities include:
- Movie making
- Cooking and baking
- Music and tech arts (producing, recording, mixing)
- Creative photography (selfies, editing, landscapes)
- Gaming (lawn games, Nintendo, card games, board games, PlayStation, wii Olympics)
- Art and painting class
- Live Life with Creative Minds Program on Wednesdays (latest workshops focused on creating furniture such as wooden birdhouses and bookcases)