This notice contains details about how CPL – Choice, Passion, Life, Cootharinga North Queensland and Access Arts (CPL) Ltd and our associates (we, us, our) may collect personal information about you.
We are an APP entity for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) made under that Act. Our contact details are set out below.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide it to us or our agents or contractors, such as in an application and other forms, over the telephone or in person;
- from publicly available resources;
- by analysing our own records of your use of our services; or
- monitoring devices such as surveillance cameras installed at various places;
We may also collect your personal information from:
- other healthcare and service professionals and health service providers involved in your care if you have given them consent to or as authorised by law;
- government agencies responsible for administering applicable benefits and entitlements (such as Services Australia, Medicare, Department of Social Services, National Disability Insurance Agency, Department of Veterans Affairs, and other government agencies responsible and/or associated with your services).
We may also collect information about you from your employers, family members, a carer, an attorney, a guardian or other authorised person.
Purposes for collecting personal information
We require personal information to operate as a business, we may not be able to meet your request or provide our services to you without it.
The personal information you provide us may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include to:
a) meet your goals;
b) support your chosen quality of life;
c) verify your identity;
d) facilitate provision of our services to you;
e) assist in determining your suitability for a position as an employee or contractor;
f) address or respond to any requests from you;
g) inform you of existing and proposed services which we provide;
h) develop and improve the quality and scope of the services we provide, and seek your feedback;
i) to assist in investigating your complaints, feedback and enquiries;
j) for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities.
Other APP entities, bodies or person to which Personal Information is usually disclosed
We may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where we are required or authorised by law or where you have consented to us doing so.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- our related entities;
- others in accordance with a request made or consent given by you;
- persons engaged in providing us with professional, business, technology and corporate services, when reasonably required; and
- relevant government agencies which regulate or oversee services, operations and activities.
When making such a disclosure we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient is bound by privacy obligations.
Without your consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
Our contact details
Last update of this Privacy Collection Statement: 31 March 2020