Short Term Accommodation

CPL can provide a home away from home for people with a disability. Our Short Term Accommodation services are located on the Gold Coast and give you the opportunity to meet friends and try new activities while giving your family and carers a short break from daily activities.

Learn more

Medium Term Accommodation

CPL’s Medium Term Accommodation in Ballina is a self-contained fully accessible cottage which helps you become more independent. It is available as a temporary transitional housing available for up to 90 days while you wait for permanent home to become ready or available.

Please note: due to damage sustained during the 2022 Floods, Ballina Respite service is closed for repairs until 2023.

Learn more

Supported Independent Living

Supported Independent Living (SIL) is available for people who require access to 24/7 support. CPL staff are highly trained to provide complex physical supports to maximise independence with things like personal care, household decision making, and domestic duties.

We offer SIL in locations across Queensland and Northern New South Wales.

Learn more

Specialist Disability Accommodation

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is specifically designed for people who require specialist housing solutions. There are different types of accommodation available based on the support needs of the people residing in them.

SDA is entirely accessible and could have provisions for things like ceiling hoists in bedrooms and bathrooms, home automation, emergency power backup and assistive technology.  

Learn more

Funding options

There are a range of funding options available to support you to reach your independent living goals. CPL can help you navigate your way through them to ensure you receive the right funding. This can include everything from simple home modifications to Supported Independent Living in your very own home.

Learn more

Community housing registration

CPL is registered as a Tier 3 Community Housing Provider with the National Regulatory System for Community Housing (NRSCH). As a registered provider, you can be assured that CPL provides quality housing and tenancy management. 

Our quality systems for our tenants provide for regular housing inspections and maintenance reports, tenancy satisfaction surveys and feedback mechanisms, choice and control initiatives to support tenants to have a say about their living arrangements, and individualised tenancy accommodation agreements. As a registered community housing provider and highly experienced disability services provider, we are well equipped to meet the needs of our tenants.

At present the community housing managed by CPL is designated for disability. You can find more information on the National Regulatory System for Community Housing here.

Contact us

For more information about housing options and how we can support you, please call us on 1800 275 753 or send an online enquiry

Supported Housing and Independent Living - FAQs

Supported Independent Living (SIL) is the essential support you receive at home, to allow you to live independently. It applies to people with a disability who require access to 24/7 support. 

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is a type of housing designed for people who have very high support needs and require specialist housing solutions like ceiling hoists, automatic doors and other major physical adjustments to their living space.

For people who want to apply for SIL or SDA, you will need to have approval from the NDIA to say you are eligible. If you don't have approval yet and would like to get started, give us a call on 1800 275 753 and we will guide you through the steps involved. 

Depending on what you need, NDIS categories related to housing are "Improved Living Arrangements", "Home Modifications", and "Assistance with Daily Life". This might include specialist housing solutions, equipment for your home, or assistance with household tasks.

For more information, speak to your NDIS planner, or call us on 1800 275 753.

We can provide assistance in your own home for as often as you like, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This service is called in-home support. You can find out more information here: