Funding options

There are a range of funding options available to support you to reach your independent living goals. CPL can help you navigate your way through them to ensure you receive the right funding. It can include things like:

  • Home modifications to your own home or a private rental property and on a case-by-case basis in social housing
  • Support with personal care, such as assistance with showering and dressing
  • Help around the home where the participant is unable to undertake these tasks due to their disability, such as assistance with cleaning and laundry.


Supported Independent Living funding

Supported independent living is supports you to live as independently as possible. SIL funding is typically for people who need 24/7 support while living in a shared home. It exists to cover the cost of the support staff in the house.

A SIL provider supplies the workers to support you in the house with daily living tasks so you can live as independently as possible.  

Specialist Disability Accommodation funding

Funding for Specialist Disability Accommodation is only provided to NDIS participants with extreme functional impairment or very high support needs who meet specific eligibility criteria.

An SDA provider maintains the house you live in, similar to a landlord or property management agency. The funding is available to make sure that you don’t have to pay more for their homes because of your disability. 

Contact us

For more information about housing options and how we can support you, please call us on 1800 275 753 or send an online enquiry