Looking for your forever home?

Wanting to move out of home for the first time or just looking for a change of scenery? CPL have experience in helping people with all kinds of support requirements and funding sources to find their home-sweet-home, and can help you understand the options available to you and navigate the process.

We support more than 250 people to live independently in over 100 homes throughout Queensland and Northern New South Wales.

Can I access Supported Independent Living?

To be eligible, you need to fit the following criteria:

  • You have an NDIS Plan with funding for Supported Independent Living
  • You are over the age of 18
  • You can live share accommodation with other people or are funded for 1:1 SIL supports.
  • Require access to 24/7 support

CPL’s SIL Communities

CPL has two SIL communities located in South Brisbane and Logan. They are communities within a community with 24-hour support and assistance with daily living. They both have a different feel and could be the perfect location for your forever home. 

Learn more

Contact us

For more information about housing options and how we can support you, please call us on 1800 275 753 or fill out the form below.


Contact our housing team

Supported Housing and Independent Living - FAQs

Supported Independent Living (SIL) is the essential support you receive at home, to allow you to live independently. It applies to people with disability who require access to 24/7 support. 

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is a type of housing designed for people who have very high support needs and require specialist housing solutions like ceiling hoists, automatic doors and other major physical adjustments to their living space.

For people who want to apply for SIL or SDA, you will need to have approval from the NDIA to say you are eligible. If you don't have approval yet and would like to get started, give us a call on 1800 275 753 and we will guide you through the steps involved. 

Depending on what you need, NDIS categories related to housing are "Improved Living Arrangements", "Home Modifications", and "Assistance with Daily Life". This might include specialist housing solutions, equipment for your home, or assistance with household tasks.

For more information, speak to your NDIS planner, or call us on 1800 275 753.

We can provide assistance in your own home for as often as you like, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This service is called in-home support. You can find out more information here: cpl.org.au/disability-services/home-support

Latest SIL News

David finds his independence in Helensvale.

What is it that makes the difference between a house and a home? For David Dickfos, it was simple: home meant a space where he was able to do the things he loved independently.  

Learn more

Supported Independent Living Homes Deck the Halls!

During the festive season many of our Supported Independent Living homes eagerly joined in the fun of our SIL Christmas Decorating Competition. 

Learn more