What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance scheme provides eligible individuals a whole-of-life approach to the support needed to pursue their goals and aspirations, and participate in daily life. The NDIS is designed for individual choice and control. It focuses on helping people to be part of the community and provides certainty they will receive the support they need over their lifetime.
What is the NDIA?
The NDIA stands for the National Disability Insurance Agency. It is the Government agency that implements, delivers and manages the NDIS to ensure that people with disability get the support they need.
How can the NDIS help me?
The scheme is there to identify any supports you need to live the life that you choose and achieve your personal goals. This could be:
- Living more independently, be it on your own or with family and friends
- Being more active in your community and doing the things you love
- Finding and keeping a job
- Increasing your social and economic participation
- Improving your health and well-being