You may be eligible to receive support if:
- You are under 65. You may continue to receive funding beyond 65 years, but must be under 65 to apply for the first time
- You are an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen who is a Protected Special Category Visa holder
- You have a permanent or significant disability that requires help from others, equipment or assistive technology
Or if you meet the early intervention requirements:
- Your child is aged six or under and has a developmental delay
- You or your child has a disability that is likely to be permanent and early supports would reduce how much help you or your child needs for the future
If you currently receive disability services, you will be contacted by the National Disability Insurance Agency before your area transitions.
Even if you’re not currently receiving disability services, you may still be eligible for NDIS funding. All you need to do is contact the NDIS on 1800 800 110 or visit www.ndis.gov.au and complete an access request form.