What's on at Capalaba
CPL's Capalaba service is surrounded by leafy gardens - perfect for growing chillies for chilli jam! With a recently renovated kitchen and laundry facilities, the clients at Capalaba's support in community centre can work on capacity building and life skills, as well as recreational and creative endeavours.
Find us at: 21 Degen Road, Capalaba QLD 4157
Services available at this centre
Individual and group supports are offered to give people with disability more access to their local bayside and Brisbane communities. Activities and outings our clients enjoy include:
- Attending sporting matches
- Restaurants and dining
- Using public transport
- Screech Arts Capalaba - fun and inclusive performing arts workshops! The unique Screech program incorporates a range of music, drama, stage production techniques and so much more!
- Cooking, baking and kitchen safety
- Arts and crafts - you can even find some of our clients' work for sale at our centre, or online at the Rai Collective
- Our new Friend's Cafe, run by our wonderful clients and staff
- Woodworking and more!
As an integrated support provider, we can offer support services at our locations or in your own home. Home assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CPL Capalaba client Wade wanted to learn more about cooking and improve his skills in the kitchen. Through his NDIS plan he was able to get funding for the Independent Living skills Program which provides him with 1:1 support each week to help him achieve this goal.
Wade has made huge improvements from his first session in the kitchen at Capalaba where he learned to cut fruit and make a sandwich. He's now cooking full meals for his family at home.